(Remote Working possible)
Beyond Retail is an award-winning multi-website online retailer offering bathroom, kitchen and heating products to retail and trade customers. Over 8 million people visit our websites each year, benefiting from keen pricing, design-led products, top class service and continuous investment in technology.
Our mission is to help people create homes that they can be proud of, and do so by giving our employees the freedom, opportunities, and tools to learn and improve every day. We are only 10 years old, but in a short space of time we have grown very rapidly, with over 170 people (and several dogs…) on board – and we are still growing!
As an Ecommerce Product Merchandiser, you will be responsible for the ongoing optimisation and maintenance of existing product data across core categories on Beyond Retail websites: Tap Warehouse, Drench & Only Radiators.
You will set up reporting activity to measure the impact of your work and be pivotal in larger-scale projects and new system setups.
As part of a distributed team, with colleagues working from around the UK, you will need to be very organised and a self-starter, with excellent attention to detail. You should be a great team player, working closely with Category Buyers to ensure the management and rollout of key product launches and ongoing optimisation.
What will you be doing?
- Working closely with Buying on key site merchandising tasks to support trading activity and drive traffic and conversions.
- Working closely with Marketing to increase product sales by recommending bestsellers/hero products, managing blog product visibility and preparing categories for marketing campaigns.
- Enriching data across all three sites, including new filters, new data points and working on filling data gaps.
- Managing new product launches and continually optimising product content and SERPs (Search Engine Ranking Pages),
- Owning category templates and sort orders, with a strong focus on building the customer journey.
- Writing and building on existing / new Merchandising processes.
- Managing promotions to analyse stock and recommend product lines to go into site-wide and category specific sales, as well as Marketing for digital rollout.
- Acquiring in-depth product knowledge through actioning key processes, such as code swaps, site feedback and discontinuations.
- Analysing product returns, Google Analytics data and other wonderful data points to drive action.
- Working with other areas of the business like Customer Experience and Sales to provide cohesive and clear journeys for customers addressing key feedback.
- Reporting on competitor analysis and campaign performance to highlight key wins and areas for improvement.
- Other ad hoc administrative and analytical tasks as per the requirements of the team.
We are on the lookout for someone with:
- A strong understanding of computers & systems, this is essential.
- Experience in working with Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets. This is desirable but we also provide training to really hone and improve your skills.
- Some level of commercial awareness. This is desirable.
- Previous use of an e-commerce backend system and Google Analytics. Desirable but not essential.
- Outstanding organisational skills, ability to multitask and demonstrate awesome attention to detail.
- A willingness to speak up and share ideas.
- Logical thinking and top-class investigative skills.
- Adaptability and flexibility as well as the ability and willingness to learn new systems and processes.
- The ability to work well as part of a team, with an understanding of how your decisions can impact others.
- A positive outlook with a strong ‘can-do’ attitude.
In return we can offer you:
- Flexible working hours - we work 40 hours per week typically starting and finishing between 8am and 6pm
- Very flexible home-working arrangements - including a budget to set up your home office!
- Opportunities for career progression as we continue to grow
- A friendly, customer-focused environment built on teamwork, collaboration, ownership and transparency
- Stylish and comfortable refurbished offices with a variety of creativity friendly workspaces - free parking and bike storage too!
- Team & company-wide social events
- Informal dress code
- A company-wide commitment to learning & development
Everything we do is shaped by our ten core values. These inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and each other but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not about who you are or how loud you shout, but about the impact you make and what you do. We encourage doing rather than dreaming – if you have an idea, speak up and we will listen! Everyone’s opinion matters and any suggestions are welcomed.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Work is not a place; it is what you do…
We believe the future of work is about flexibility. Not everyone does their best work from an office, and not everyone wants to work from home exclusively. Our employees can choose to work flexibly either from home or in our office.
To demonstrate our commitment to this, we have a fantastic Home Working Support Scheme! We want to ensure that those who do choose to work from home can still work in the best possible environment, and are not left out of pocket.
In a nutshell, we offer:
- A one-off allowance of £500 for you to set up your home office
- A monthly ‘top-up’ to cover any additional WFH costs (eg: utilities, equipment maintenance etc).
Current Covid Adjustments
For the safety of those who visit our office, the following actions we have taken include:
- Sanitiser stations are installed at various points around the office, including entrances, exits and desks. Hand soap is available at all sinks & basins
- Social distancing is being adhered to in all areas of the offices
- Desks in the office have been arranged to adhere to social distancing guidance and cleaning wipes have been provided
- Frequent cleaning and disinfection of touchpoints (eg: door handles)