- Salary: £38k - £45k per annum
- Remote working possible
Beyond Retail is an award-winning multi-website online retailer offering bathrooms, kitchens and heating products to retail and trade customers. Over 8 million people visit our websites each year, benefiting from keen pricing, design-led products, top-class service and continuous investment in technology.
Our mission is to help people create homes that they can be proud of, and do so by giving our employees the freedom, opportunities and tools to learn and improve every day. We’re only 10 years old, but in a short space of time we’ve grown very rapidly, with over 160 people (and several dogs…) on board - and we’re still growing.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Finance team as an FP&A Analyst - a new role for the business. The successful candidate will use their experience to build and maintain financial models, robust budgets and forecasts and use their awesome analytical skills to collect and analyse financial data that will assist the rest of the business with projects and making commercial decisions.
A keen collaborator, you’ll build strong, long-lasting relationships with people from around the business and use your superb communication skills to deliver analysed and useful financial data in a clear and digestible way. You’ll be part of a distributed team - however, there will be an opportunity to work together physically at least once a month in our awesome Bournemouth office.
What you’ll be doing:
- Building and maintaining financial models for annual budget and forecasts for P&L and cash flow
- Value-adding financial support and analysis that facilitates effective decision-making.
- Designing and managing a robust timetable for the budget and forecast processes that incorporates input from various departments around the business
- Lead the production of regular re-forecasts, ensuring risks and opportunities are considered
- Collecting and analysing financial data to be used as a foundation for financial models
- Creation of a financial model to assess return on investment (ROI) for projects/ business investments
- Work with other departments to complete financial model and assess ROI on projects in order to present to the FC and FD
- Provide financial monitoring and reporting on investments and project spend, including tracking efficiency savings versus business targets
- Build strong and positive relationships within the organisation
- Assist the FC and FD with ad hoc reporting
Who we’re looking for:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role is essential
- CIMA qualified or another relevant qualification is desirable
- Analytically driven individual with a passion to prepare reports and assess the financial performance of the business
- Strong background in financial planning and analysis
- Ability to identify and report on key financial activities and trends
- Excellent business partnering skills, including influencing and ability to challenge at all levels when needed
- Takes ownership of projects
- Experience of managing budget and forecast processes
- Strong analytical skills (using internal and external data)
- Ability to understand the strategic business goals of an organisation, looking beyond the numbers and understand the wider business context
- Financial system skills including Excel and Google Sheets
- Ability to work alone or within a team
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to build and maintain financial models and forecasts which allow for a range of scenarios to be considered with the impact of different decisions as well as considering alternative and, or new business cases
- Able to build key relationships with the other departments allowing for a more holistic overview
What we can offer you:
- Flexible working hours — we work 40 hours per week, typically starting and finishing between 8am and 6pm
- Stylish offices with a variety of creativity-friendly workspaces and two on-site gyms
- Flexibility to work remotely
- A company-wide commitment to learning and development
- A friendly, customer-focused environment built on teamwork, collaboration, ownership, and transparency
- Team and company-wide social events
- Cycle2Work scheme
- No corporate dress code
Work is not a place, it’s what you do...
At Beyond Retail, we believe the future of work is about flexibility. Not everyone does their best work from an office, and not everyone wants to work from home exclusively. Our employees can choose to work flexibly either from home or in our office.
We have a fantastic Home Working Support Scheme to demonstrate our commitment to this! We want to ensure that those who do choose to work from home can still work in the best possible environment, and are not left out of pocket.
In a nutshell, we offer:
- A one-off allowance for you to set up your home office
- A monthly ‘top-up’ to cover any additional WFH costs (eg: utilities, equipment maintenance etc).
Our wonderfully refurbished HQ is located near Bournemouth Airport, with plenty of free parking. We also have some office dogs who reside with us, a brand new gym which is free for all employees to use, free healthy snacks and fruit, and most importantly free tea and proper coffee! We also operate an informal dress code and have regular team socials. We think it’s a great place to work!
Everything we do is shaped by our ten business values. These inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and each other, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not about who you are or how loud you shout, but about the impact you make and what you do. We encourage doing rather than dreaming - if you have an idea, speak up and we will listen! Everyone’s opinion matters and any suggestions are welcomed.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
If you would like further information on this position before applying then please feel free to get in touch by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org, otherwise please send in your CV for consideration.