Salary: £45k - £50k per annum
Beyond Retail is an award-winning multi-website online retailer offering bathroom, kitchen and heating products to retail and trade customers. Over 8 million people visit our websites each year, benefiting from keen pricing, design-led products, top class service and continuous investment in technology.
Our mission is to help people create homes that they can be proud of, and do so by giving our employees the freedom, opportunities and tools to learn and improve every day. We’re only 10 years old, but in a short space of time we’ve grown very rapidly, with over 160 people (and several dogs) on board — and we’re still growing.
We aim to give our customers a best-in-class customer experience, and that starts with a great employee experience. IT plays a big part in that, and as our IT Manager you’ll work closely with the Technology Director to build and improve IT functions, solve problems, and make IT life easier for your colleagues.
You know IT infrastructure, security, and support like the back of your hand, and you’re not afraid to try something new. Technical problem solving puts a smile on your face, and you’re an ace at remote device management and support. You’re experienced and confident with cloud-based services like Google Workspace, LastPass, and Slack. You’re a fiend for clear and helpful documentation and processes, and believe that education is the best solution. You have the knowledge and experience to know what we should focus on, and the roll-up-your-sleeves attitude to get things done.
You’re a compassionate leader, an empathetic and patient communicator, and you care deeply about the end-user. You keep your tools sharp and knowledge fresh, because we can always do better. You build great relationships. You’re passionate about giving your colleagues the best IT experience possible. You go beyond traditional IT.
What you’ll be doing
- Own and develop the IT function, establishing and improving processes around device management, security, support, and other areas of IT
- Work with colleagues and external partners to deliver projects, optimise how we use technology, and enact positive change
- Establish and nurture a culture of learning, knowledge sharing, and iterative improvements — always looking for the next big thing
- Own and nurture relationships with external partners effectively, and make sure we get the most out of those relationships
Who we’re looking for
- Deep understanding of IT infrastructure, systems, security, and support
- Working experience with Google Workspace
- Experience with on-site and remote working, and just as happy, confident, and efficient facilitating and supporting both
- Patient and empathetic communicator who makes complex stuff easy to understand
- Passionate collaborator and leader who knows how to get the most out of people
- Strong problem-solver who thrives on a challenge, sees solutions where others see problems, and want to make IT life easier for your colleagues
- A builder — excited about the idea of a blank slate and building from near scratch
- A doer — someone with the knowledge and experience to know what we should do, and the mindset, approach, and oomph to get it done
- Driven, self-motivated, organised, and excited about what we can achieve together
What we can offer you
- Flexible working hours — we work 40 hours per week, typically starting and finishing between 8am and 6pm
- Stylish offices with a variety of creativity-friendly workspaces and two on-site gyms
- And flexibility to work remotely
- Opportunities for career progression as we continue to grow
- A company-wide commitment to learning and development
- A friendly, customer-focused environment built on teamwork, collaboration, ownership, and transparency
- Team and company-wide social events
- Cycle2Work scheme
- No corporate dress code
Everything we do is shaped by our ten core values. These inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and each other, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not about who you are or how loud you shout, but about the impact you make and what you do. We encourage doing rather than dreaming.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
It's what we do that counts, not where we do it
At Beyond Retail, we believe the future of work is about flexibility. Not everyone does their best work from an office, and not everyone wants to work from home exclusively. Moving forward employees can choose to work flexibly either from home or in the office. We even have an app that enables you to schedule your time & space at the office to suit you!
Home Working Support Scheme
We want to ensure that those who do choose to work from home can still work in the best possible environment, and are not left out of pocket.
In a nutshell, we offer:
- A one-off allowance for you to set up your home office
- A monthly ‘top-up’ to cover any additional WFH costs (eg: utilities, equipment maintenance etc).
If you would like further information on this position, please do not hesitate to contact us or send in your CV and covering letter.