(Remote Working possible)
Salary: £28k - £30k per annum
Beyond Retail is an award-winning multi-website online retailer offering bathroom, kitchen and heating products to retail and trade customers. Over 8 million people visit our websites each year, benefiting from keen pricing, design-led products, top class service and continuous investment in technology.
Our mission is to help people create homes that they can be proud of, and do so by giving our employees the freedom, opportunities and tools to learn and improve every day. We’re only 10 years old, but in a short space of time we’ve grown very rapidly, with over 160 people (and several dogs) on board — and we’re still growing.
As Purchase Ledger Team Leader (Stock), you will have sound Stock Purchase Ledger knowledge. You will be required to oversee the day to day team operation, offering support and leading your team by managing their overall performance, ensuring deadlines and goals are met whilst achieving your own set of targets to be able to support your manager.
You will be on hand to solve problems & offer advice. You will have an eye for detail and areas of risk. You will possess excellent written and verbal communication skills to support you in liaising with and building close working relationships with both intercompany colleagues and business partners alike.
What you’ll be doing:
- Motivating and developing your team, managing their performance through 121s, team meetings, appraisals, effective feedback and recognising high performance and accomplishments
- Providing consistent and timely support to team members on issues & escalations
- Weekly reporting to the Sales & Purchase Ledger Manager
- Managing the team training matrix - identifying areas for individual development/re-training and ensuring the team are engaged with their development
- Communicate goals and deadlines to team members
- Assist with hiring and training new team members, supporting them through their probationary period
- Team HR requirements ie. lateness, sickness as required
- Regular monitoring of Stock Aged Creditors to identify risks and escalate where necessary
- Monitor surcharges and ensure in line with supplier agreements
- Purchase Credit Approvals
- Regular review of pro forma accounts
- Review Stock supplier statement reconciliations on a monthly basis ensuring queries are being resolved in a timely manner
- Monthly analysis of the purchases code for the Management Accounts team
- Review of credit limits per supplier and liaising on requests to increase
- Liaise with merchandising department to understand buying patterns and consider the impact on supplier account allocations between administrators
- Review processes and identify areas for improvement or automation
- Be on hand to support the wider team on issues they need support with and making decisions
- Authorise bank payments once approved by senior management
Who we’re looking for:
- At least 1 year of experience working with stock purchase ledgers
- AAT level 2 or ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of purchase ledger
- Excellent communication skills and an assertively confident telephone manner
- Able to build good working relationships both internally and with our business partners
- Strong IT skills - Excel in particular
- A keen eye for detail
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- A positive, can-do attitude to finding solutions to issues raised by Colleagues/Suppliers
- Good Leadership skills
- Excellent multi-tasking and organisational skills
- A high level of initiative, drive and ownership
- Excellent written English
What we can offer you:
- Flexible working hours — we work 40 hours per week, typically starting and finishing between 8am and 6:30pm Monday to Friday
- Stylish, dog-friendly offices with a variety of creativity-friendly workspaces and two on-site gyms
- Remote working
- A company-wide commitment to learning and development
- A friendly, customer-focused environment built on teamwork, collaboration, ownership, and transparency
- Team and company-wide social events
- Informal dress code
Everything we do is shaped by our ten core values. These inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and each other, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not about who you are or how loud you shout, but about the impact you make and what you do. We encourage doing rather than dreaming.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
It's what we do that counts, not where we do it...
At Beyond Retail, we believe the future of work is about flexibility. Not everyone does their best work from an office, and not everyone wants to work from home exclusively. Moving forward employees can choose to work flexibly either from home or in the office. We even have an app that enables you to schedule your time & space at the office to suit you!
Home Working Support Scheme
We want to ensure that those who do choose to work from home can still work in the best possible environment, and are not left out of pocket.
In a nutshell, we offer:
- A one-off allowance for you to set up your home office
- A monthly ‘top-up’ to cover any additional WFH costs (eg: utilities, equipment maintenance etc).
If you would like further information on this position, please do not hesitate to contact us or send in your CV and cover letter.
If you would like further information on this position before applying then please feel free to get in touch by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org, otherwise please send in your CV for consideration.